Who We Are
We are a faith based non profit organization serving those in need through 9 different programs ranging from tutoring, transitional living facilities and accompanying programs. Our services support and encourage independence and are geared towards keeping families housed.
Through outreach efforts and engagement in the community over a 30 year time span, much has been learned.
Our philosophy is driven by a simple phrase in Isaiah 1:17.
Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow. The operative word being learn and that we have and continue to do so.
As we engage in national best practices and strive to imprint a more lasting impact on the lives of those we serve, we have established relationships with like- minded community members to have a collective impact on those whom we assist.
Project Understanding Staff
- Alicia Ayala, Intake & Referral Center Coordinator
805-652-1326 ext 821
- Ericka Bigger, Case Manager at Transition House/Rental Assistance
805-652-1326 ext. 823
- Nikkie Ciriza, S.H.O.R.E. Case Manager
- Kathy Donofrio, Office Manager/Volunteer Coordinator
805-652-1326 ext. 829
- Jim Duran, Executive Director
805-652-1326 ext. 825
- Janine Dykstra, Pantry Coordinator
805-652-1326 ext. 833
- Maria Gonzalez, Tutoring Centers Coordinator
805-652-1326 ext. 834
- Karen Johnson, Tender Life Program
- Fariborz Koozhekanani (aka “Hank”), H2H Case Manager
805-652-1326 ext. 832
- Gloria Lewis, Business Manager
805-652-1326 ext. 824